Mayan Lake Realty (MLR)’s Property Management offers you convenience, piece of mind, and assurance that your property is in good hands, while you are not there. Every client’s requirements are different, so we take the time to work with you to create the best property management proposal for you and your property.
We can assist with almost everything, from paying the guardian and housekeeper, to helping with general maintenance and keeping your accounts, through to managing rentals and overseeing more major maintenance or construction work.
Our general services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processing and bookkeeping of all monies receivable and payable.
- Conducting administrative procedures for property/ies.
- Inspect properties regularly and report to the owner on a regular basis.
- Making necessary deposits and payments for the management of operating expenses; for these we recommend having a local bank account, which we can help to open.
- Establishing appropriate tenant selection and aiming for customer satisfaction in order to increase rentals.
- We not only carefully vet tentative renters and tenants, but we make their stay as pleasant as possible, from answering questions prior and post booking via email, sending our Extensive Welcome notes and information on individual rentals, providing a warm welcome; to attending their needs before, during and after their stay, and establishing a friendly relationship. We aim to get more referrals and keep them coming back to rent with us. We go above and beyond most other agencies with regard to this. We provide a personal touch that often AirBnB, VRBO, Flipkey and others cannot.
- However, we can happily manage your properties on these sites if you wish along with the various properties we already have here.
- If there is a renter for one year, we will draw up the necessary contract and sign it on your behalf (if absent).
- Conduct inventories for long-term renters (6 months or more).
- Perform market surveys and suggest rent adjustments as appropriate.
- Market your property thoroughly, to ensure a rapid turnaround; this includes being featured in the rental sections of chosen media and social media.
- Provide regular records and collection of rental monies.
- We charge commission of all rentals, the percentage rate varies depending on whether the clients are previous clients, friends of the owner, or brought in by MLR.
- We provide extensive Welcome Notes and transport needs to all our rental clients.
- Owning a property can be quite a challenge in Guatemala, not only when the owner lives in the premises all-year round, but what happens if you are away for much of the year?
- What do you do when something breaks down, or a maintenance issue arises and there is no one to take care of it? We simply turn what could be a nightmare into a simple, stress-free issue for the property owner.
- We have a carefully-selected network of professional, skilled, reliable, and cost-effective workers from international architects to excellent local carpenters, plumbers, electricians, builders etc.
- We solicit competitive bids for contract services and capital expenditures, such as roof or dock replacement etc., generally with a minimum of three bids per job.
- We charge a monthly fee (depending which of the above is requested, how large the property is, and where it is located), plus commission on major maintenance and construction work.
Having an on-site property manager to get the job done, is the perfect solution!
We look forward to working with you!