From just $29,400!
This is one of Panajachel’s oldest and best-established hotels which is now offering five, fully furnished, turn-key apartments for sale. They all share the spacious, communal areas of a large courtyard garden filled with medicinal plants and herbs, a sauna and hot tub. It has been a Lake Atitlan Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet favourite for many years. The property is for sale as 5 separate units with a home owners’ association managing the site and shared areas, security, and some housekeeping services too.
The property is just over the bridge in the Pana suburb of Jucanya. There is road access through a parking area which leads to the reception, shared living room, Kitchen and Dining area. There is a side passage from the parking to the sauna, central courtyard gardens around which the 5 studio apartments are located, along with the main building and an apartment above (not for sale).
The shared, public areas that will be incorporated in the owners association are a large, high-ceilinged living room with fireplace, a dining area, and bathroom, as well as the special extra of a large gym (probably the best-equipped gym around the whole Lake Atitlan area!).
One of the highlights of the shared spaces is the fabulous roof terrace. Up an external metal staircase, above El Mirador Apartment, is this terrace with table and chairs, sun loungers and fabulous views out across Pana and to Lake Atitlan and the volcanoes beyond.
- El Escondite, in the entrance, is a large apartment with a bathroom off the entrance hall, a kitchen and dining area leading to a large bedroom up a couple of steps. Here there is a King bed and 2 single beds. Outside, by the door is a small balcony area with seating. $51,450
- La Luna is the single storey casita off the courtyard. This has a double bedroom, dining/sitting area, galley kitchen and bathroom, plus two small private porches. It is furnished with a Queen double and sofa bed. $29,400
- The 2-storey building has La Galeria on the ground level and El Nidito above:
- La Galeria is a converted gallery of one room with double bed, 2 singles, living area and kitchenette with a bathroom. $31,000
- El Nidito, on the upper level, is also a studio apartment with a King bed, a sofa bed in the living area, a large fireplace, kitchenette and bathroom. It also has a small patio area by the door. $32,605 – LEASED READY TO SELL
- El Mirador is the 2-level building next door with the shared roof terrace above. This 2-level apartment with a small kitchen/dining area, a bed, and bathroom on the lower level. Up an internal staircase or external staircase is a light, airy separate bedroom and bathroom. It is furnished with 2 doubles and 2 single beds. $51,500
These are all perfect homes for those wishing to have a pied a terre in Pana and Lake Atitlan without worrying about gardens, guardians and security etc. A ‘lock-and-go’ home. Owners could be resident in them for several months of the year and then rent them as vacation rentals when they are out of the country, or just feel comfortable to leave them empty but secure.
- El Escondite – 70 square metres / 753 square feet / $51,450
- La Luna – 40 square metres / 431 square feet / $29,400
- La Galeria – Please ask for size / $31,000
- El Nidito – 43 square metres / 463 square feet / $32,605 – LEASED READY TO SELL
- El Mirador – Please ask for size / $51,500
Home Owners’ Association Fees to be arranged.
Please contact us for further information and to arrange a viewing.
Callejon Chotzar, Panajachel, Guatemala