$289,000 – NOW REDUCED TO AN AMAZING:
$199,000! – SOLD
Looking for a quick sale – FANTASTIC INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY!
A very special and spiritual, off-the-grid property situated at the foot of the San Pedro volcano overlooking the spectacular and magical Lake Atitlan, and opposite the Tzutujíl Mayan town of Santiago Atitlan.
About two acres of land rises up from a private dock and shore area incorporating, as you walk up the gentle incline of the hill: a caretaker/guardian/manager house; and two picturesque, Canadian-style stone and wood homes, one with 2 bedrooms and the other with 3 bedrooms, all built on solid, hand-carved stone foundations.
This dream property, constructed in a paradisical corner of Lake Atitlan, took a period of three years to complete. Spread over the property are three beautiful, self-sufficient, fully-equipped eco-dwellings, along with mature coffee plants and forest, the latter of which provides plenty of space for more constructions if desired. An additional bonus is that the property also has historical and sacred Mayan alters on it, and, is just a short stroll away from the ancient Tzutujíl Mayan capital of Chutinamit.
An eco-friendly property with all the mod-cons you need, but leaving hardly a footprint at all!
The buildings include:
- Canadian-style comfy, home with 3 bedroom/study/den, 1 bath, full-kitchen and living room, long porch with towering postcard views of the lake and its magnificent volcanos.
- Canadian-style comfy, home with 2 Bedrooms, 1 bath, full-kitchen and living room, and a private porch, all overlooking the woods and Santiago Atitlan, just across the bay.
- Also included is a stone cottage (possibly for a caretaker/guardian/manager), which is centrally situated to assist people entering/leaving the property.
- A boathouse for a 21-foot wooden boat which has a 25 HP Mercury Seahorse motor for crossing back/forth to the village of Santiago Atitlan, along with a private dock; Santiago is just a 5-min boat-ride away.
- Also included: water pump, water tanks, generator, mower, Hughes satellite, and other equipment included.
This 10-year young property is currently the permanent, private residence of the original developer and owner, who sadly needs to relocate overseas for her work.
With plenty of potential for more home sites, bungalows and/or campsites, the property can be used for residential or commercial development. There are secure borders and a well-maintained infrastructure, each home has independent water, septic, absorption wells, dedicated solar systems with 110 converters, and wireless internet, perfect for an extended family compound, commercial and/or spiritual retreat center.
This is the closest thing to owning your own private island, while remaining conveniently close to civilization. It provides a unique and wonderful lifestyle for nature-lovers, meditators, spiritualists, as well as hikers and kayakers, whether you are looking to escape the city chaos for a weekend, or a lifetime!
All the furniture for two Canadian-style houses was custom-made and can either stay or go, depending on what the requirements are of the buyer. All structures boast traditional Mayan-carved stone foundations and walkways that connect all the buildings and gardens to one another, as well as to the private beach and the paths that lead to the sacred Mayan altars found scattered through the unspoilt, tranquil forest.
Please note that all constructions are set high above the current water level.
Santiago Atitlan, Solola